Friday, April 15, 2011

Workout Fuel and Re-Fuel

In my continued quest to improve my physique I have really been focusing on learning more about nutrition, the most success in my transformation showed me first hand that nutrition is critical to uncovering the muscle definition that I have worked so hard for at the gym. I historically have not had the most adventurous or variable palate but am challenging myself to try new things as the drive to achieve a sculpted physique has overridden my stubbornness to try new foods ( to a degree anyway...).
I have been focusing on pre and post workout nutrition following the principles of Tom Venuto's Holy Grail.
I have created a few new recipes for the meal plan, my new favorite pre/post workout meals:

Protein scramble
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 scoop whey protein powder
Whisk/mix all ingredients together and scramble 'em up! Filled with complete and easily accessible protein with complex carbs...perfect combination!


Chocolate Berry Protein Smoothie
3/4 cup skim milk
1 scoop Chocolate Mint Whey Protein
1/4 cup frozen raspberries
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
Blend! Try a different combination of berries but this is my favorite. Blend in some ice to thicken shake or if you need it to stay "smoothie" while you work out. Portable and provides protein and carbs for the perfect recovery shake.

Working on more recipes and menu plans. Give these a try and let me know what you think....

No comments:

Post a Comment